Me2 Club has developed guidance for children and volunteers for returning to in-person activities when resume. This guidance is important to ensure children and volunteers are safe when returning to activities.
All activity providers and leaders are responsible for ensuring that their activity is COVID-19 secure and that safety guidelines and guidance specific to their setting are implemented during the session. Families should make themselves familiar with and follow the guidance provided by both Me2 Club and by the activity provider.
During the COVID-19 outbreak Me2 Club have been running online activity sessions for our children, teenagers and volunteers to help everyone keep in touch. We have adapted these activities, so that any children who aren’t able to join us can play at home with their families. Each activity includes a set of simple instructions.
Here are some COVID- 19 resources Me2 Club have found that you might find useful:
- Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership – ideas for how to support children’s wellbeing.
- PDA Society – links and tips for the PDA community during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Mencap – easy read information for people with learning disabilities and their families.
- National Autistic Society – supporting Autistic people during COVID-19.
- Thinkuknow – useful resources for helping children stay safe online.
- BBC Bitesize – daily lessons for home learning.
- Scouts- The Great Indoors– over 100 indoor activity ideas.
- Coronavirus a Book for Children – a book explaining the Coronavirus, illustrated by Axel Scheffler.
- NSPCC recommended reading list – for children who are worried or anxious.
- Partnership for Children – resources to boost your child’s wellbeing during the Covid-19 lockdown.
- The Little Elf who missed his Birthday Party The Little Elf and the Flowers of Hope and Bravery – stories created by Nottinghamshire Educational Psychology Service to understand feelings linked to the pandemic.
- NHS East Berkshire – resources to help children and young people and their families to cope with life under lockdown.
- Emerging Minds Podcast – series on supporting children and young people through the pandemic.