In 2017 we piloted an exciting new Days Away project which is open to young people who are currently supported by Me2 Club. The aim of the project is to increase our young peoples confidence and independence skills. We run three Days Away each year, one of which is specifically for our Me2 Club Teenagers.
Our previous Days Away
- A day at the seaside in Bournemouth funded by the Wessex Youth Trust
- Cotswold Wildlife Park, which was funded by the Berkshire Community Foundation
- Bristol Aquarium and a meal out funded by Reading Dispensary Trust and Rotary Club of Reading Maiden Erlegh
- A trip to the Autism-friendly performance of The Lion King, tickets kindly donated by Willy Wonka Travel
- A boat trip around Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Blue Reef Aquarium with a meal out funded by DM Thomas Foundation for Young People
- A zookeeper experience day at BCA in Maidenhead funded by the Wokingham Borough Mayor’s Gala Ball
Me2 Club have just successfully ran our seventh Day Away, which was a trip to Odds Farm Park in Buckinghamshire. We took 9 children and 9 volunteers on the trip where they got to see lots of different animals. We started with the tractor trailer ride around the farm seeing all the animals. Everyone enjoyed some time in the barn where they got to feed the sheep and goats and have time to meet the rabbits. The children enjoyed some time playing on the peddle go karts and the adventure playground before an afternoon of egg collecting in the chicken coop, going around the maze and finished up with some time in soft play! All the children and their volunteers really enjoyed the day with all of them saying they would like to come on another ‘Day Away’. A big thank you to the Wokingham Lions who support our ‘Days Away’ Project and make these trip possible.